Sunday, November 15, 2009

At an interesting place in life...

I'm 29 years old. I don't have a normal gig. I'm either slagnin' beats, or working on some video production on the freelance tip. I used to work for a Medicare place, but I ran into some issues and had to dip. I love to make music, but the people who I make it for seem to be stuck in 4 years ago constantly, and don't seem to embrace originality. On top of that, the support financially isn't there unless you roll with certain crews, which is cool. I'm coming up on 4 years of marriage, and I literally haven't gotten us anywhere. There are many frustrated days, but mostly I've learned to roll with the punches. This coming year I will be finishing school finally, getting my degree in network systems administration, which will hopefully lead to a gig as a network systems engineer in the next few years. But this time in between has been rough. I feel like I'm "can'tgetright", everything I've put my all into the last 5 years has come up null. But I believe things are on the come up, even though I'm scraping my knees all the way through. Gotta stay strong, keep pressing, remain faithful, and look to Him for peace....

1 comments:

Marc Ramsay said...

Reading this inspired me to share Psalm 107. I would love to hear an update to this post. In the meantime, your new mixtape The Pasteup is a real blessing. I have shared it with many of my friends here in Jamaica. My favorite song is Lost for Words, which again, ties back into a nice update for this post. Keep using your talent for the Lord, and he will reward you for your service, and others like myself will try our best to remind you that you are appreciated for using your talent to serve the Lord.


"2 Let the redeemed of the LORD tell their story—
those he redeemed from the hand of the foe,
3 those he gathered from the lands,
from east and west, from north and south.

4 Some wandered in desert wastelands,
finding no way to a city where they could settle.
5 They were hungry and thirsty,
and their lives ebbed away.
6 Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble,
and he delivered them from their distress.
7 He led them by a straight way
to a city where they could settle.
8 Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for mankind,
9 for he satisfies the thirsty
and fills the hungry with good things."

Post a Comment